We are currently searching for a Lean Support Specialist for a 2 year contract assignment.
The Lean Support person works with the leadership team to translate business needs into Lean requirements and provide a Return on Investment to Bruce Power. S/he will be the change champion for their client groups responsible to drive improvement initiatives into their respective organizations. S/he will be accountable to implement standard methodologies, processes and procedures or programs into their respective organizations to ensure continuous improvement. This position reports to the respective VPs and/or Plant Manager.
• Provide support for Excellence Plans and Business Plans by promoting and encouraging the use of Lean tools/methodologies in the execution of Station Excellence Plans/Business Plans.
• Work with leaders to define and implement process improvement strategies, plans, and projects in alignment with corporate business plans.
• Facilitate the identification of improvement opportunities and recommend areas of focus for process re-design to promote effective, efficient, and economically sound business practices.
• Address difficult issues and challenges, such as Labour Relations, Regulatory, Safety, Commercial, in order to find solutions that are in the best interested on the company and consistent with Bruce Power vision and values.
• Provide expertise and facilitation in the planning and management of projects related to Lean analysis and re-design of processes.
• Coach, mentor and support Green Belt trained staff, and Lean team members, arranging and/or delivering specific training as required.
• Provide oversight to green belt projects; assess green belt trainees for certification and/or de-certification.
• Coordinate and execute Lean events, Rapid Improvement Events, and other process improvement activities at the direction of senior leadership.
• Lead large Lean events and teams that have significant business and financial impact.
• Maintain and continually improve the Bruce Power standards for Lean, including all tools and templates.
• Provide regular activity reports and updates, as required, and coordinate and advise on Communication strategy.
• Contribute to the collective body of knowledge of Bruce Power’s Lean program by sharing best practices and benchmarking within and outside the nuclear power generation industry.
• Engages key stakeholders on a timely basis and support resolution of stakeholder issues.
• Identifies the organizational capabilities required to execute the Lean initiatives.
• Works with Client Groups to translate business needs into continuous improvement initiatives.
• Collaborates with other Black Belts, line managers, and workers to create innovative solutions.
• Supports the business with advice and counsel to ensure the integration of the Lean tools and methodology with the business strategy.
• Consults with business leaders to diagnose current and future needs and develop a strategy for resolution.
• Drives and champions change management and process improvement.
• Drives a high performance culture.
• Develops and leverages metrics to ensure quality, timely and consistent service delivery.
• Has a solid understanding of issues with working in a unionized environment.
Important Knowledge and Skills:
• A self-starter who can work on their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
• Solid understanding of business principles and concepts, including Lean and/or Six Sigma or other quality/process improvement methodologies, and ability to coach and mentor project team members, line managers, Green Belts, and others on standard lean principles and methods.
• Black Belt-level training in Lean and/or Six Sigma and a proven track record of successful management of high-impact//high-savings projects using Lean and/or Six Sigma tools to the most complex, cross-functional challenges in the company.
• Strong communication and facilitation skills and experience (written and oral), working with teams, individuals, and large groups.
• Able to identify and influence stakeholders in order to gain trust, get commitment and remove barriers.
• Able to maintain objectivity in discussing issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to develop and enhance relationships with employees at all levels.
• Experienced with coaching leaders.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to balance and prioritize heavy workload and multiple projects/tasks.
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving ability to support design of innovative solutions to client challenges.
• High personal standards of integrity.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality, while driving improvement for Bruce Power.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Black Belt level training in Lean or Six Sigma.
• 8 to 10 years of related work experience.