Location: Tiverton, Ontario
The Engineer/Engineer Trainee:
- Is responsible for the planning, designing, composing, evaluating, advising or reporting on any activity which requires the application of engineering principles in a Bruce Power facility.
- Maintains instructions and procedures up to date, prepare reports, review proposals from external organizations.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Provides technical evaluations, advice and solves problems in a number of major work areas, in support of commissioning, operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Receives approval and discusses proposed solution, as required with other personnel internal and external to the company.
- Prepares as required and on receipt of authorization, detailed documentation of the proposal, such as equipment specifications, engineering calculations, installation, testing, operating and maintenance procedures and the like. Submits necessary documentation covering complete proposal for forwarding to responsible bodies for cost and installation approval if necessary.
- Prepare, verify and test assembly language code including applicable test plans and reports.
- Prepare and verify drawings including electrical and physical layout.
- Discusses installation or implementation with persons concerned, and ensures, where possible, that the installation is as intended.
- Keeps abreast of maintenance and operating problems and takes action to implement change as appropriate.
- Cooperates with other departments and organizations in arranging tests and providing appropriate documentation as required.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field and incorporate as appropriate.
- Maintains and/or updates operating and other specified procedures. Discusses these with operating personnel or others as required to ensure consistency with operating licences, policies, principles, standard practices, standing instructions, maximum safety of operation, minimal risk of damage or loss, optimum frequency of routines; efficient operation and the like.
- Assists/prepares specifications, for purchasing requisitions for material, services and equipment. Follows up with procurement/supply chain and provide necessary technical services during field installation. Prepares recommendations for spare parts requirements for new equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Programming with VBA for Excel.
- Proficient with Microsoft products with emphasis on Excel.
- Proficient with the use of SVN or other software repository.
- Preference to those with experience with assembly language programming, especially in the Varian language.
- Preference to those with experience in computer hardware design.
- Requires knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
- Requires advanced knowledge of one or more of these subjects to evaluate and propose improvements to processes, equipment and systems or to unit safety, reliability and performance.
- Requires knowledge of English in order to prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility.
Education and Experience Minimum Requirements
- Completion of a 4 year University degree in Engineering.
- Computer Engineering discipline is considered an asset.
- An Ontario Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng.), or ability to attain designation is required.
- All levels of experience will be considered, preference will be given to candidates with the “Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications” listed above.