If you are an experienced professional wanting the flexibility to leverage your skills and knowledge into a diverse and rewarding assignment or someone who is not sure what industry or specialty you want to focus your career in, check out our contract assignments. We know contracting and can assist with setting yourself up as an independent contractor as well as provide insight into compliance and opportunity generation. If you want the control and advantage of self-directing your career then give contract work a try!
Deciding what you want to do for the next 3 to 5 years is an important decision. Add to that deciding who you want to work for without a real understanding of the culture and make-up of a new company can be daunting. At CTSNA we are interested in you. Not just how you will fit into a particular job, but what skills you want to leverage, or what you want to learn, do and become. By all means check out our permanent employment opportunities, but don’t be surprised if we ask about you before we tell you about the culture and expectations of the companies we represent.
The Project Manager IV is primarily responsible for providing overall direction and managing field projects of moderate risk, scope and complexity, usually involving multiple craft disciplines; as well as developing new business opportunities. Functions within policy and procedural direction from management with minimal oversight.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
• Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
• Assists in the development of project proposals and estimates.
• Accountable for execution of projects managed from award to final completion including
(i) safety performance;
(ii) environmental compliance;
(iii) completion of required scope;
(iv) contract administration;
(v) schedule adherence;
(vi) cost control;
(viii) commissioning and start-up;
(ix) document control; and
(x) turnover to client.
• Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Plans, organizes and staffs key field positions through operational department heads or subordinate project/construction managers.
• Ensures that appropriate planning of activities is completed including constructability reviews and the development of work packages.
• Chairs all internal project meetings including senior management updates, HSE, schedule, cost control, and other meetings required by the senior management and/or the project.
• Accurate and timely cost and revenue forecasting.
• Initiates and maintains primary client interface with client’s project manager and other members of the client’s project team.
• Represents Company at client project meetings and other external meetings required by the project.
• Participates in incident reviews and implements required corrective actions.
• Manages technical and commercial change including extra work estimating and pursuance of change orders while always maintaining a good relationship with the client.
• Ensures billings to the client are accurate and collections are current.
• Develops new business opportunities.
• Other duties as required by management.
• 10-20 years job-related experience, prior project management experience preferred; includes 5+ years supervisory experience
• Advanced degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent education and job-related experience.
• Project Management Certification from PMI preferred
• Relevant experience managing large oil/gas/power/steel industry projects required
• Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of construction, design, finance and project management
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance
• Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, on schedule, within budget, and safely
• Ability to manage occasional heavy workloads with time sensitive deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting project objectives
• Demonstrated dependability and self-motivation to work on projects; take initiative to resolve problems; understand resources available and use resources effectively to generate solutions
• Willingness to temporarily relocate to any project site within North America as required by the project