Lead Field Engineer (CTS Hot Job)
Location: Port Elgin ON
Duration: 2 Years
Key Responsibilities / Role Summary:
The Lead Field Engineer/Technician will provide technical and business leadership to support customers power generation and long term outage and refurbishment campaigns. The person will have a high level of electrical and mechanical expertise that pertains to nuclear power generation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good attitude, good communicator
- Oversee site execution and provide technical engineering support services to construction crews and where needed provide modifications to design/analysis/test/commissioning of complex equipment and systems
- Preparation, review and modifications or approval of design documentation, technical specifications, installation test plans, and engineering calculations
- Prepare and present technical documentation to internal and external customers as required.
- Ensure design modifications comply with applicable client's, technical, and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Provide technical support to engineering service providers, procurement, manufacturing, test, quality, and commissioning and service personnel.
- Adhere to on-time/on-budget criteria associated with project commitments and customer success.
- Understanding of daily activities of project engineering / project coordination
- Use of Microsoft Project/Excel/Word
- Understanding of basic Project Management Techniques, Change Management Processes, Reporting and Technical Writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting project managers and interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- College or University (Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical engineering)
- P.Eng or CET designations mandatory
- MBA, P.Eng or PMI/PMP certification is definitely considered an asset.
Who we are looking for:
- Great attitude, Intermediate to senior level with some exposure to nuclear site project execution/design/engineering, good personality, willing to explore new ventures and be on site and learn how our client operates, establish direct communication with the client and assist with expanding business and offerings.
- Consideration will be given ONLY to candidates with an Engineering or Engineering technology diploma and exposure to the site nuclear services work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of machine design for oil & gas, mining or power generation industries.
- Knowledge in the application of ASME codes (Section III and VIII), ANSI B31.1, B31.3, CSA N285/286/289.
- Knowledge of the jurisdictional processes for pressure vessels (TSSA, CNSC)
- Experience with some design tools, SolidWorks, SolidEgde, Autodesk Inventor and ANSYS