Sr. Advisor, OPEX
Duration: 7 Months
• Participate in the COG weekly operating experience screening meeting on behalf of Bruce Power in order to evaluate, disseminate and disposition external operating experience to Bruce Power.
• Track, review and present Bruce Power internal operating experience to the nuclear community.
• Raise site SCR’s to capture important lessons such as WANO Significant Event Reports (SERs), major Bruce Power events, etc.
• Promote the use of operating experience by site staff to ensure a learning culture is established and maintained at Bruce Power.
• Develop operating experience packages with lessons learned summaries for use by department OPEX single points of contact (SPOCs), managers, etc, in pre-job briefs, safety meetings, and other forms for integrating lessons learned into work programs.
• Using external operating experience context, assess Bruce Power operating experience information to identify process weaknesses or adverse trends and initiate further assessment and corrective actions where required.
• Ensure sufficient, qualified OPEX SPOCs exist for all major departments and programs.
• Proactively provide operating experience information and assistance for major work programs, outages, emergency issues and events, problems and investigations.
• Prepare and revise JITs based on current events and staff awareness needs.
• Include relevant just-in-time briefings in plant information package, IPTEs, root cause investigations and other staff communication sessions.
• Review resource sites for new events, heads up alerts, good practices, workshops, trend reports, process developments ( COG, WANO, INPO, IAEA, MOL, etc).
• Conduct staff operating experience searches and post nuclear network queries.
• Assist with root cause analysis of Bruce Power significant reportable events.
• Benchmark industry operating experience programs and provide benchmark support for the Bruce Power departments and work programs.
• Maintain Bruce Power’s OPEX web site current with relevant events, issues, special interest and success stories.
• Provide point of contact support for external organizations such as COG and WANO.
• Review OPEX initiated SCR’s to ensure effective correction actions identified to capture lessons.
• Review Bruce Power station condition reports (SCRs) and event investigation reports to ensure operating experience is reflected in corrective actions.
• Prepare selected operating reports for Bruce Power experience and post to COG and WANO.
• Perform other duties as required.