- Involved in proposal preparation and submission to potential customers.
- Drafts commercial agreements (e.g. Memorandum of Negotiations, Teaming arrangements, Licenses, Leases) using company boilerplates.
- Reviews comments on, and proposes alternate language where necessary for contract and commercial agreement terms and conditions.
- Negotiates and administers contracts and subcontracts.
- Performs commonly used contracting methods and contract types related to pre-award, post-award and/or price/cost analysis functions to perform well defined and precedent contract actions.
- Analyzes business practices to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance.
- Presents factual information, composes memoranda, minutes and reports, and drafts contract provisions and supporting documents.
- Solicits sources of supply and analyzes prices, previous performance, commitments and indications of financial responsibility and recommends the most advantageous offer.
- Provides additional assistance with new or unusual assignments.
- Plans and carries out recurring work using established procedures, conferring with the Manager, Contracts and Subcontracts as necessary on technical problems.
- Determines mandatory prime contract flow-down provisions to subcontracts/vendors.
- Company focal point for International Traffic in Arms Agreements, regulations, and compliance.
- Company focal point for Canadian export control. This includes drafting and submitting export applications to Department of Foreign Affairs.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must be knowledgeable in US and Canada export and government acquisition regulations as well as commercial contracting. They must be analytical, decisive and able to organize/prioritize as needed. Candidates must demonstrate an accurate and thorough work ethic. Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field supported by courses in contracts/law. The candidate must have 10 years of experience in contracts/subcontracts management. Candidates must be experienced in commercial contracting, proposal and RFP drafting, and program management. The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and have excellent presentation, fact-finding, negotiation and customer service skills.
The candidate must have strong verbal and written English communication skills as well as the ability to excel in a team environment. The ability to communicate in French would be an asset. All candidates must be able to obtain both CGP and ITAR clearance.