Process Analyst / Technical Writer
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 6 months
Project Title: Process Analyst/Technical Writer – Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan
Location: Sir Adam Beck 1 Generating Station, 14000 Niagara Parkway, Niagara-on-the-Lake ON
• Participate in the design, development and maintenance of business process programs and associated methods and documentation utilizing various software system applications and tools. Work with internal departments and other divisions, customer groups and stakeholder representatives, relative to business process design and integration. Provide consulting, planning and support services to business units and functions to enable the redesign and improvement of business processes. Utilize liaison/negotiation skills in this area to resolve discrepancies and overlaps between separate business units or customer demands.
• Carry out requirements related to the development, implementation, guidance and direction in the specified areas of business processes for emergency preparedness and planning. Initiate documentation changes/updates as part of the required reviews of existing processes and procedures. Produce this documentation in its final format, utilizing existing computer programs, templates, and electronic editing.
• Maintain functional relationships with divisional staff to coordinate business process reviews and to ensure that business processes are updated to meet the needs of OPG and internal stakeholders. Interact with internal stakeholders and document contributors to develop the process document by determining the scope of the document, structure, type of document required, content, format and deadline requirements, pertinent to the business needs.
• Lead critical reviews and audits of business processes and the emergency preparedness and response plan documentation. Initiate reviews and reports, and evaluate proposals to improve business processes and their integration. Prepare reports and presentations for appropriate line management, identifying priority areas for business process design and integration. Work to resolve issues which have been identified relative to business process integration and improvement or commitment to the principles involved. Work with various business stakeholders to ensure that all appropriate control points are in place.
• Ensure that all business process documentation has been approved by the appropriate business stakeholders and that the business processes are consistent with the divisional strategy and across functions. Perform updates to procedures, governance and other documents ensuring correctness of document number, revision and title per established document change control procedures.
• Manage deadlines and priorities associated with business process and documentation development support the integrity and timeliness of these processes. Balance ongoing projects at differing stages of development.
• Some travel to other OPG locations within Ontario may be required. Approx. 10% Travel.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Education: Requires knowledge of the principles of business methods, business processes, procedure development, organizational structure, and change management theories to ensure effective and efficient program implementation. Requires knowledge of English, both in oral and written form, to effectively prepare concise, clearly understandable reviews, presentations, correspondence, process descriptions, procedures, guides and reports, and to communicate effectively with others. Requires a four year university education in the appropriate fields such Technical Writing, Business Administration or Engineering.
• Skills: Requires a high degree of skill with using the full suite of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and MS SharePoint. Experience with Ventyx Asset Suite 7 preferred.
• Experience: 5 + years of Technical Writing and procedure/process development.
• Qualifications: Familiarity with equipment and processes found in a generating station or similar heavy industry would be preferred. Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision is required.