Cost & Schedule Analyst
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 months
Location: 1 position for 2 Innovation Drive, Renfrew ON AND 1 position for 800 Kipling Ave, Toronto ON
(Please advise which location your candidate is applying to, or if they are open to both locations)
• Coordinating and facilitating the front end planning and risk management processes on projects. Support and establish the project cost and schedule baselines via development of the Release Quality estimate and project schedule.
• Assist and support the preparation of project execution plans and project business cases.
• Set up source systems as required and maintain alignment between source systems and project control systems throughout the project life cycle.
• Set up and maintain a project library. Develop and/or maintain an electronic source for all project management/technical documents. Maintain the filing system of all project related documents. Track and set up the deliverable and sign-off process.
• Data collection, progress measurement, performance assessment/forecasting on projects. Responsible for documenting and tracking all project risks and issues/action items.
• Prepare weekly/monthly project progress reports, identify actual and potential deviations from the approved cost and schedule baselines. Recommend corrective actions and measures.
• Ensure approved change control processes are followed. Log and control change requests and change logs. Ensure all changes are documented, appropriately approved and auditable.
• Maintain the accuracy of the current project cost and schedule plan. Reconcile the financial systems and project controls system. Ensure accurate status of cost and schedule updates and forecasts.
• Interface with all stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure project plans are accurately updated and maintained.
• Obtain cost and schedule information and commitments from contractors. Monitor vendor cost and schedule performance against project plan and identify actual and potential discrepancies to Project Manager.
• Ensure all contract documents reflect the requirements from the project plans on cost and schedule commitments.
• Assist in the development of materials for stakeholder presentations.
• Reconciliation and final close out of source systems and project controls systems. Facilitate/assist in ensuring all administrative project close out tasks are completed, including filing of project documentation in the records repository.
• Assist with continuous improvement of PMO and departmental project controls processes and procedures.
• Bachelor degree in engineering, construction management or a related discipline.
• Requires knowledge of engineering/science encompassing subject area relevance to the project planning, scheduling, risk management, and control service needs of the department.
• Proficient with project management software tools (e.g. P6, Microsoft Project, SAP, EcoSys, PRISM).
• Minimum 5 years of experience in project management/controls or contract administration; in the following industries: utilities, construction, engineering.
• Experience that demonstrates excellent knowledge of cost and scheduling; project management techniques and principles; and contract management.
• Project and/or Program Management training (Project Management Institute certification and/or Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering certification desirable). PMP certification (Project Management Institution) or CCP (AACE) is an asset.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to analyze, understand and formulate schedules, budgets and control procedures.
• Experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office applications.