Cost and Scheduling Analyst
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 1 year
Location: GM Building, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa ON
Develop, manage and maintain project schedules and associated breakdown structures for effective project planning and progress monitoring, including the development and application of planning best practice to ensure consistency in schedule definition and development, and delivery of integrated portfolio, programme and project plans.
• Leads preparation, development and coordination of an integrated plan and schedule to meet program and/or project requirements.
• Work with Project Managers to integrate time and cost through resource loaded schedules and Ecosys cost management software.
• Work with Risk Managers and project teams to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk.
• Work with Risk and project teams to develop summary schedules for monte carlo analysis, run QRAs and provide analytical support using QRA outputs
• Work with the Change Manager to assess the impacts of change on the schedule and provide constructive but determined challenge to schedule change e.g. challenge schedule assumptions and logic.
• Provide expert input at planning workshops, protect integrity of schedules and alignment to execution plans.
• Provide presentations, coaching and facilitation in the use of planning software
• Apply critical path analysis to facilitate de-risking of the plan.
• Run schedule integrity checks using appropriate tools to ensure plans are of appropriate quality and integrity
• Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines.
• Experience required:
• In-depth and broad understanding of planning as applied in major construction environments, coupled with extensive expertise in the development/maintenance of project and programme baselines (principally within a Primavera P6 toolset) and their utilisation in generating earned value management information.
• Experience operating within a complex project controls environment
• Requires experience within the work group to achieve a level of proficiency sufficient to perform all aspects of the Work Control, Cost Control or Programming function. Requires a thorough understanding of the interrelationships and role of organizational units, interrelationships between work groups, external contractors and consultants involved, and the mechanics of resolving any controversial issues.
• Requires practical experience in the appropriate line function (e.g., generation facility, Engineering, Waste Operations, etc.) to understand aspects of work programs and projects associated with cost engineering, work program planning and program performance analysis.
• Requires experience in the application of work methods, resourcing of work, logical sequencing of events and resolution of common problems in these areas.
• Requires experience in the application of various computer systems and software.
• A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
CTSNA Hot Job