Protection & Control (“P&C”), a division of Grid Automation and is a $300 million dollar global business with locations in Markham Ontario, Puerto Rico, Spain. This position is located at Markham, Ontario and reports to the site’s Senior Finance Manager.
• Support Senior Staff Analyst and Senior Finance Manager with reporting, tracking, analysis of base cost, headcount and other ad-hoc tasks for the Markham site and the P&C Headquarters.
• Evaluate and report customer AR and past dues to stakeholders and the CFO. Complete the quarterly assessment of allowance for bad debt reserve for the P&C business.
• Support billing quality in the resolution of billing disputes and in managing the Billing Quality dashboard.
• Consolidate and bifurcate data from various sources for stakeholders across the business.
• Perform preliminary audits to validate commission calculation and underlying data to support channel representative payments.
• Evaluate and make the necessary journal entries to reallocate costs and revenue to appropriate functions.
• Complete ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support continuous improvement.
• Provide analysis and determine revenue/cost of shipment deferrals in order to comply with US GAAP revenue recognition reporting.
• Play a crucial role in managing Fixed Assets in Business, maintaining transparency and control through independent verification of items (audit) and tracking financial tags attached to the assets.
• Take part in multiple projects and cyclical events centering business activity.
• Bachelor of Commerce/Business degree, Finance major or equivalent experience.
• Two (2) to Five (5) years finance and/or accounting experience with strong Accounting application, accounting designation recommended.
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Experience dealing with customers for billing quality purposes.
• Strong analytic skills combined with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with cross functional teams.
• Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Experience using of data query tools, ERPs, spread sheets and MS Office.
• Experience dealing with auditors and other financial stakeholders.
• Some weekend and/or holiday work may be required due to financial deadlines.
Term: One year with potential to extend the term to 18 months based on mutual agreement between candidate and manager