Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Title: Inspection & Reactor Innovation
• Develop the NDT specialist competencies in Advanced NDT methods (Phased Array UT, Concrete NDT, Eddy Current Array, etc.)
• Develop, deploy and execute inspection activities focused on advanced NDT methods
• Develop learning autonomy
• Prepare Technical Work Instructions and develop procedures and techniques.
• Perform laboratory and field investigations; provide support in lab or field environments by conducting tests or troubleshooting equipment
• Assist in the design, assembly, deployment and maintenance of tooling equipment, processes, systems and development of NDT methods.
• Work with newly acquired technology intended to enhance performance of the NDT Team. This includes, but is not limited to: Augmented Reality technology, Virtual Reality technology and other similar technologies. The required work includes, but is not limited to: research, analysis and utilization of the aforementioned technologies, Machine Learning, Data Management, and Applications Development.
• Collaborate with team to lead development of new technology applications
• Prepare technical documentation such as technical specifications, field implementation procedures, inspection and test plans, operating manuals, etc.
• As a technical specialist perform investigations and technical studies for customers.
• Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and help resolve customer raised issues/problems.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by following good quality and safety practices in all aspects of work performed. Maintain quality records.
• You hold a Professional diploma (DEP) or CEGEP degree (AEC/DEC) in Engineering or have equivalent experience
• You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in non-destructive testing (NDT)
• You have a Canadian General Standard Board (CGSB) certifications, level 2 or level 3 in more than one method (including either UT or ET) or equivalent knowledge
• You have knowledge about typical NDT industrial codes and standards
• You have a good working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, UltraVision (or equivalent)
• Requires knowledge of mechanical components, visual inspection equipment, motion control hardware and other instrumentation to facilitate assembly, testing and maintenance of tooling devices and systems.
• Requires knowledge of machine design and electricity to facilitate assembly, testing and maintenance of NDE devices and systems.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing an innovation process, strategy and/ or department
• Knowledge of innovation tools including experience using innovation development frameworks and models that will interface with the marketplace
• Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and experience in executing on the details of an innovation strategy including innovation processes and systems
• Proven experience with innovation strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
• Strong business acumen, marketing and analytical skills
• Outstanding qualitative research, and presentation skills
• Ability to synthesize interview data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
• Strong organizational and communications skills
• Comfort working in a virtual environment
• Conducted market and business analysis/research
• Experience with development of Innovation process is an asset
• High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to be self-directed and contribute to engagements
• Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment
• Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence senior leaders
• Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success