Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band F
Duration: 12 months
1. Conduct a review and strategic assessment of alternatives strategic schedules for the refurbishment of the remaining Darlington units.
2. Assessment must consider and optimize technical, economic, operational, logistical, risks, rate and other key impacts of changes to the schedule, as well as impacts to the labour and managerial requirements.
3. Lead all stakeholdering activities as a result of the co-ordination of the optimized refurbishment schedule with other industry partners, including Bruce Power's refurbishment schedule. This will include engaging with OPG’s union partners in collaboration with internal OPG Labour Relations.
4. A period of six months to 1 year is expected to be required to complete the assessment; the expert will be required to propose a detailed schedule of activities and as the initial part of the assignment
5. 15 years or more years experience in preparing detailed strategic technical and economic assessments with a particularly emphasis on nuclear generation options is required.
6. An exceptional understanding of and familiarity with OPG’s internal business structure to ensure appropriate and complete stakeholdering of any proposed schedule changes are understood and endorsed.
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare high-level presentations on complex issues for Boards of Directors and Senior Management.
8. Thorough understanding of the technical constraints affecting the operating life of the major components of CANDU nuclear generating stations.
9. Thorough understanding of economic assessments of generating options, in particular the costs of refurbishment and operation of CANDU nuclear stations.
10. A detailed understanding of categories of risks in affecting nuclear generation options, and in particular, refurbishment and operation of OPG's nuclear stations, as well as a detailed understanding of risk assessment methodologies.
11. A detailed familiarity with OPG's most recent rate application to the Ontario Energy Board and the impact of the Darlington Refurbishment Program on that application
12. Broad knowledge of the Ontario nuclear industry; prior experience working conjoint initiatives with the Ministry of Energy and with Bruce Power strategic staff would be an asset, as would a working knowledge of the Amended and Restated Bruce Power Refurbishment Implementation Agreement
13. Prior experience working within OPG and specifically on Darlington Refurbishment Program strategic initiatives would be an asset