Cost & Schedule Analyst/Programmer/Developer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location: B21, Tiverton ON
Project Title: Work Management Scope Control, Reporting & Metrics Sustainability
1. Support the development, production and improvement of the management reports used for the purposes of communicating station status.
2. As assigned, participate in the development and implementation of specified protocols to be employed in planning work and the preparation of schedules e.g. work categories, prioritization rules, procedures and the like. Attempt to ensure compliance with respect to application of same.
3. Be required to develop and maintain models relating cost and schedule performance to the plan.
4. Support in the development of Reporting tools to be utilized by Work Management Staff as well as the Nuclear Waste Executive Team
5. As directed by the Manager, review planning and control-related techniques, tools, processes and new technology developments for potential application.
6. Work closely with users and developers to design and implement system changes in support of Nuclear Waste’s operational requirements.
7. Support ongoing development of databases for both existing and future applications requirements and for the current and future versions of Work Management’s products.
8. Provide guidance to current C&SA on application and report development and infrastructure.
9. Provide guidance to current C&SA on the Asset Suite 7 and Primavera 6 data model and hierarchy
10. Investigate and understand the working knowledge of SWMS & NIMS to make recommendations on moving from our current WM system which is stand alone to a more robust and sustainable system. Once a path forward is determined, this position will be instrumental in transitioning NWMD WM to SWMS or tailoring our current system so it is sustainable for the future.
11. Requires knowledge of work management principles and concepts, probability and statistics, industrial management, industrial processes, management information systems, resourcing and project management.
12. Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate effective communications with others.
13. Requires experience within a work management environment specifically related to Reporting, Database Development, Database Management and work management best practices.
14. Requires a thorough understanding of the interrelationships and role of organizational units, interrelationships between work groups, external contractors and consultants involved, and the mechanics of resolving any controversial issues.
15. Requires practical experience in the work management to understand aspects of work programs and projects associated with work program planning and program performance analysis.
16. Requires experience in the application of work methods, resourcing of work, logical sequencing of events and resolution of common problems in these areas.
17. Requires experience in the following applications and software:
Asset Suite 7 (AS7) / PassPort V10
Primavera 6 (P6) or greater
Microsoft Access 2007 or greater
Microsoft Excel 2007 or greater
18. Requires experience specifically related to:
Designing MS Applications related to Work Management using AS7/PassPort and P6 data
Designing reports integrating P6 and AS7 data
Intimate knowledge of the ODS Database
Intimate knowledge of the P6 Database
Intimate knowledge of the following AS7/PassPort Modules
A period of over 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.