Lead Project Controls Specialist (PCS)
Duration: 2 Years
Location: Tiverton, Ont.
Hours: 40 hrs week FT, eligibility for OT - TBD
Successful Candidate will act as one of the Bruce Power key site contacts and Lead Project Control Specialist (PCS) for Rolls-Royce team on Bruce Power site.
Successful candidate would also need to coordinate work with other on-site Obsolescence Engineers and our Rolls-Royce Pittsburgh office.
Successful Candidate will work closely with the Bruce Power Project Managers (PMs) on the cost and estimating requirements, resource loading need and staffing levels for assigned projects. Together with the PMs, Successful Candidate will work on implementing established goals, project objectives with regards to controlling the scope/budget/schedule and operating framework and procedures. Successful Candidate will work with the internal and external stakeholders providing specific obsolescence solution development for the client in coordination with the home offices. Successful Candidate will also monitor and evaluate the work to ensure that original goals and plans are met, raise issues as they come along and resolve them within established priorities.
Other responsibilities would include mentoring junior team members and properly resolving and/or escalating issues as they arise.
Daily activities/Reporting Manager:
- Daily supervising manager will be Bruce Power Project Controls manager
- Rolls-Royce supervision, status and safety reporting will be to Rolls-Royce Peterborough office
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous knowledge and work in unionized environment
- Previous site utility experience (preferable Bruce Power)
- Good attitude, good communicator
- Understanding of daily activities of project engineering / project coordination
- Use of Microsoft Project/Excel/Word
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Techniques
- Knowledge of Project Management Techniques, Change Management Processes, Reporting and Technical Writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting project managers and interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- College or University (any Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting or Computer Science is preferred)
- Any advanced education in Accounting or Asset Management is definitely considered an asset.
- Not crucial, but MBA, P.Eng or PMI/PMP certification is definitely considered an asset.
- 2 years minimum site assignment then relocation back to Pickering/Peterborough offices
Short explanation of who I am looking for:
- Someone who can get the job done without disturbing established team and work environment
- Someone with previous site experience
- Great attitude, senior level with good exposure to project execution/design/engineering, good personality, establish good rapport and direct communication with the client
- Find new opportunities for Rolls-Royce on site
- Assist with Rolls-Royce expanding business and offerings.