Project Controls Specialist (PCS)
Duration: 2 Years
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Hours: 40 hours a week
Successful Candidate will act as one of the Bruce Power key site contacts and Project Control Specialist (PCS) and coordinate work with other contractors, including but not limited to on-site Obsolescence Engineers and our Rolls-Royce Pittsburgh office.
Successful Candidate will work closely with the Bruce Power Project Managers (PMs) on the cost and estimating requirements and staffing levels for project teams. Together with the PMs, Successful Candidate will work on implementing established goals, project objectives with regards to controlling the scope/budget/schedule and operating framework and procedures. Successful Candidate will work with the internal and external stakeholders and that might include providing certain obsolescence solution development for the client in coordination with the home offices. Successful Candidate will also monitor and evaluate the work to ensure that original goals and plans are met, raise issues as they come along and resolve them within established priorities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good attitude, willingness to learn, good communicator
- Understanding of daily activities of project engineering / project coordination
- Use of Microsoft Project/Excel/Word
- Understanding of basic Project Management Techniques, Change Management Processes, Reporting and Technical Writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting project managers and interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- College or University (any Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting or Computer Science is preferred)
- Any advanced education in Accounting or Asset Management is definitely considered an asset.
- Not crucial, but MBA, P.Eng or PMI/PMP certification is definitely considered an asset.
- 2 years minimum site assignment
Short explanation of who we are looking for:
- Great attitude, Intermediate level with some exposure to project execution/design/engineering, good personality, willing to explore new ventures and be on site and learn how our client operates, establish direct communication with the client and assist with Rolls-Royce expanding business and offerings.