Senior Project Manager
Duration: Full-time Permanent
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager who has the interest and drive to join our Bridges, Transportation Engineering Department. This is an environment where one is surrounded and supported by a group of professionals with unsurpassed experience in all facets of bridge engineering. As such, we are looking for an individual with an interest in taking on the most interesting bridge work that the Province has to offer.
Reporting to the department manager, this position will be responsible for securing, managing and delivering bridge engineering projects for federal, provincial and municipal clients. This involves overall responsibility for technical aspects of projects, financial and schedule monitoring/control and liaison with the client and external agencies. The Thornhill Bridge Department has a highly qualified staff experienced in bridge planning, inspection, evaluation, rehabilitation, new design and project administration. The firm is proud of its reputation for leadership in the bridge engineering field and of its recognition by receiving several major awards for unique and challenging bridge designs.
- Project Management for projects involving roadway, railway and pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other transportation related structures;
- Projects may include planning, preliminary design, detailed design, rehabilitation design, investigations and inspections, report preparation, contract documents and construction administration;
- Projects may involve management of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Oversight and technical guidance of structural engineers, CAD staff, technicians and construction administrators/inspectors;
- Monitoring progress of projects, schedule, finances;
- Liaison with other internal project disciplines, sub-consultants, clients and external agencies;
- Construction liaison on projects;
- Preparation of proposals including fee estimates;
- Performance appraisals and development of staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university;
- Registered as a P. Eng.;
- 15+ years’ of related experience required;
- Design and/or management experience on preliminary and detail design assignments for bridges for the MTO, the City of Toronto, or other Municipalities within Ontario;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with the client, and to write reports and proposals;
- Previous Project Management experience;
- Strong technical background in bridge engineering;
- Thorough knowledge of current design codes and standards;
- Design and/or management experience on rail related bridge projects would be an asset;
- Design and/or management experience on Design Build or Public-Private Partnership (P3) projects would be an asset;
- Committed team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.