Senior Technical Specialist for Reactor Maintenance
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: December 31st, 2018 (possibility for extension)
•Provide function of Senior Technical Specialist for Reactor Maintenance Department
• Analyze non-standard station technical problems, or problems requiring a level of expertise which stations do not possess. Provide advice, assess proposed solutions and/or identify potential solutions.
• Assist station staff by contributing to the resolution of design and technical problems and implementation of approved solutions. Attempt to influence engineering staff towards accepting optimum approaches.
• Provide advice to station engineering staff to allow them to troubleshoot problems and/or better understand, sustain and improve performance of equipment/systems/processes.
• Keep informed regarding station performance of specified equipment/systems/processes. Identify potential performance issues and recommend alternatives to deal with them.
• Recommend Nuclear technical programs, reflecting internal and external operating experience and industry technology trends, which maintain/improve the long-term performance of major processes, equipment or systems in the stations.
• Develop, with appropriate direction from Manager or Technical Advisor, approved technical programs which maintain/improve the performance of major processes, equipment or systems, e. g. standards, methods, procedures. As assigned, provide direction and oversee specific phases of project design or technical elements of projects.
• Develop/update technical specifications and standards for equipment, systems and processes. Act as subject matter expert for assigned elements of programs.
• As assigned, provide technical verification of work carried out in the Department and related to the specialty areas, to supplement normal peer verification.
• Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of internal and external issues and solutions. Actively work towards improving and advancing engineering design methodologies and technology. Attend, and represent Department, as directed, on various technical committees.
• Assist in the development of staff technical expertise, consistent with the direction of the Manager.
• Perform other duties as required.
• 5+ years Reactor Maintenance experience
• Nuclear experience preferred
• Security Clearance is an asset