• 24 month assignment
• Begins July 1, 2018.
• Located in the Middle East
• 4 Mechanical, 3 Electrical, 3 I&C Maintenance Procedure Writers
• The service will include but is not limited to:
· Creation of initial maintenance procedures and work instructions using vendor manuals, industry procedures or procedures as required by the functions in line with internationally accepted standards.
· Assessing gaps identified by the Maintenance Basis program and develop the required working procedures.
· Processing of Procedure Change Requests (PCRs) generated by the functions. These Procedure Change Requests are generated on a daily basis by the functions and work is allocated by the procedure controller/supervisor regularly.
· Reformatting of existing maintenance procedures in accordance with Administrative Writers Guide and Technical Writers Guide requirements.
· Perform technical administrative activities as assigned by Site Maintenance Managers.
· Possible secondment to other departments, in line with skills and procedure writing requirements.
• Required Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum qualification and experience requirements for Maintenance Procedure Writer:
· An engineering diploma (electrical, mechanical, I&C) with 10 years relevant experience and training of which 5 must be at a nuclear power plant OR 15 years’ experience at a craft level in a maintenance environment of which 5 must be at a nuclear power plant.
· Have at least 10 years field experience (mechanical, electrical or instrumentation & control disciplines) of which 5 must be at a nuclear power plant, with:
o maintenance activities, system/component fault finding, technical problem resolution
o procedure development and review, and advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
· English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.
· Maintenance procedure writers must be able to understand vendor manuals from a technical perspective to apply that knowledge to procedure content and to validate or recommend technical information be added to procedures to ensure clear, concise and accurate content.
• The Maintenance procedure writers must understand the concept of procedure use and adherence and its application to procedures.