Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1.5 years
1. Ensure all refurb critical and near critical activities are progressed (“Drive the schedule").
2. Monitor the planned outage execution (in the field) and take action to remove roadblocks and maintain the schedule.
3. Integrate work groups to ensure hand offs and/or support is aligned to avoid schedule delays.
4. As the delegate for the Project Control Centre Manager while on shift, provide Refurb work direction and assign priorities to ensure critical activities are advanced.
5. Provide functional advice and guidance with respect to Refurb policies, procedures and standards to refurb staff and vendors.
6. Initiate corrective actions when problems in any of the outage work occur. Influence other work groups to accept the corrective action plan in order to minimize delays to critical activities.
7. Requires a knowledge of the science subjects (physics, mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, electrical theory, instrumentation and control, nuclear theory and materials, and mathematics to understand the operation o systems and equipment, monitor critical path activities during an outage and to provide technical expertise to resolve problems.
8. Requires knowledge of business administration, management theory and organizations to be able to effectively understand the group dynamics and interrelationships of the organizations coordinated during a planned outage. Requires knowledge of technical writing to plan and prepare daily progress reports and communiques clearly and concisely.
9. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 3 years further concentrated study in an appropriate field.
10. Requires experience to become thoroughly familiar with systems, equipment components and processes involved with the generation of nuclear energy in order to identify and assess outage work programs. Requires experience to comprehend, interpret and apply operating policies and principles, administrative policies and procedures, health and safety standards, radiation protection policies and the like, including to understand the rationale behind same, to facilitate the provision of technical guidance and appropriate reactions in terms of problem solving. Requires on the job experience to become fully conversant with operating and maintenance strategies associated with a multiple unit nuclear facility in order to provide effective outage work programs. requires experience in project management and planning and scheduling methods (PERT, SPM) to become familiar with the work methods, the groups and interrelationships of same involved in effectively managing the outage work programs.
11. A period of over 8 years and up to including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.