18-105 - Project Manager
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band H
Duration: 1 year
Location: 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa ON
Project Title: 16-80122 DN-Main Power Output Protection system.
16-31544 DN - Radiation Detection systems upgrade
16-31706 DN-Vapour Recovery Button-up valves
16-31403 DN- Active Liquid Waste System Upgrades
OPG is looking for a results driven engineering progression to join our team in Durham Region, in the role of Project Manager – Darlington & Refurbishment Projects.
Reporting to the Section Manager – Projects, the Project Manager will be responsible for undertaking the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of project management in accordance with Project management governance for assigned projects or project packages from developing and obtaining approvals to safe execution, final acceptance and project closeout.
1. Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
2. Review and provide input to project charters for assigned projects.
3. Prepare and coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans. Develop work breakdown structures for estimating and controlling project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
4. Arrange for application to, and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals; licences, permits, or clearances required.
5. Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
6. Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
7. Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
8. Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award. Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues.
9. Provide immediate and higher management with regular project or work package reports. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manage changes. Review cost variance reports , provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required. Evaluate project plans at every stage for project risk and develop mitigation plans. Execute other project management function as required by corporate policies and procedures.
10. Provide contract management oversight.
11. Maintain communication with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of relevant information as required to meet the project objectives. Arrange and chair meetings involving appropriate stakeholders with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives. Coordinate the preparation of project turnover documentation and ensure completeness. Document and address outstanding project deficiencies.
12. Visit various site locations, manufacturers, and suppliers as required. Be prepared to witness factory acceptance testing at vendor sites for purchased material/equipment.
13. Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedure. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration. Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
14. Assemble job information and plan work as necessary. Assign portions of the work, and provide advice and direction as required. Check and assume responsibility for the work issued.
15. University Educated, with experience in Project Management
16. Experience within the Nuclear Industry.