18-114 - Design Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 12 months
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Title: Rapid Delivery Machine (RDM), Machine Delivered Scrape (CWEST) and other
Required engineering disciplines may include, but are not limited to, mechanical, electrical, computer, or instrumentation and control.
Conduct or arrange for the preparation of engineering modifications using mature engineering and technical knowledge.
Conduct or arrange for performing analyses, calculations and evaluations of design packages prepared for inspection equipment and systems, including the preparation of design to meet assigned objectives.
Coordinate the contracted portions of the design work to ensure design parameters are met.
Actively participate in engineering meetings as Design Team Leader or Design Engineer and ensure approved procedures are followed at all times.
Provide technical advice, guidance and consultation for mechanical or electrical engineering for customers within OPG.
Maintain instructions and procedures, prepare reports, review proposals prepared by external organizations.
Perform Procurement Engineering duties, such as preparing or reviewing Cat IDs for accuracy and completeness.
Participate and complete training as required.
Regular status/progress updates will be provided in writing to the identified OPG contact.
The Scope of Work requires that staff be a qualified "Design Engineer". In OPG, a Design Engineer refers to an individual who is licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario; is qualified to OPG QUAL 33685; and can demonstrate a working knowledge, experience, and familiarity with N-PROC-MP0090, "Engineering Change Control", the related processes and also the use of AssetSuite 7.
Excellent English and the ability to communicate clearly in writing are essential.
Knowledge and experience with materials, construction, finance and business cases drivers, Darlington/Pickering/Bruce Generating Stations familiarity would be considered desirable.
1. Requires knowledge of engineering and mathematics, design, materials, and construction.
2. Requires knowledge of economics and business processes to conduct engineering studies, analyses and design activities.
3. Requires good oral and written communication skills to prepare presentations and work with others.
4. Note: This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in mechanical or electrical engineering (as applicable) or by having the equivalent level of education.
5. Requires experience within mechanical or electrical engineering discipline (as applicable), is familiar with station and departmental procedures, processes, techniques, problems and problem resolutions.
6. Requires experience in dealing with complex technical problems and assignments, resolving conflicts and controversy arising in the course of work activities.