18-119 - Manager, Projects
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, August 14th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band H
Duration: 16 months
Location: GM Building, Oshawa ON
Project Title: Darlington Shield Tank Overpressure Protection Project
1. Lead project team, including EPC contract partners and internal stakeholders, to manage a complex nuclear system modification project
2. Plan, organize and direct the execution of prescribed design modification meeting safety, performance and quality requirements within budget and schedule commitments.
3. Develop, plan, organize, obtain resources and/or resource commitments, execute, and control all aspects of assigned projects following Project Management Manual Guidelines including the preparation of Project Execution Plans, project schedule, project budget, and resource problems.
4. Manage the design, installation and commissioning activities of assigned projects ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
5. Ensure team members understand and utilize approved management processes
6. Maximize the effectiveness of the team in establishing and communicating clear expectations regarding roles, accountabilities and conduct of team members.
7. Ensure that all activities required to achieve project deliverables are in compliance with all station change control, QA, OP&P, safety and other pertinent procedures.
8. Resolve issues and problems, as necessary to ensure that project deliverables are achieved as per plan, and that any changes to scope or plan are managed and approved.
9. Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field, PMP Certification preferable
10. Knowledge of nuclear systems and experience managing projects in a nuclear power generating station
11. Contract management experience from development of detailed Scope of Work, Request for Proposal, Bid Evaluation, negotiations, contract conformance, execution and closeout for multimillion dollar nuclear EPC contracts
12. Familiar with nuclear engineering change control and plant status control processes
13. Experience with managing construction/fieldwork inside the reactor building (coordination of breathing air, floorspace, laydown, logistics and other workgroup interferences)
14. Superior analytic skills covering both technical and value for money assessments
15. Experience with preparation of Business Cases and OPG procurement processes
16. Strong experience with EcoSys and Primavera P6
17. Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment