If you are an experienced professional wanting the flexibility to leverage your skills and knowledge into a diverse and rewarding assignment or someone who is not sure what industry or specialty you want to focus your career in, check out our contract assignments. We know contracting and can assist with setting yourself up as an independent contractor as well as provide insight into compliance and opportunity generation. If you want the control and advantage of self-directing your career then give contract work a try!
Deciding what you want to do for the next 3 to 5 years is an important decision. Add to that deciding who you want to work for without a real understanding of the culture and make-up of a new company can be daunting. At CTSNA we are interested in you. Not just how you will fit into a particular job, but what skills you want to leverage, or what you want to learn, do and become. By all means check out our permanent employment opportunities, but don’t be surprised if we ask about you before we tell you about the culture and expectations of the companies we represent.
Project Controls Professional
Location: Chalk River, Ontario
Position: Senior Project Controls Professional
Duration: 12 Months/Potential for 2 additional years
Start Date: November 1, 2018
Project Controls Professionals capable of providing Cost Control, Change Management, Planning and Scheduling, Progress Measurement expertise to allow stakeholders to make key informed decisions for the successful execution of projects by collecting, analyzing, forecasting data in a high quality, consistent and timely manner. Knowledge and understanding of ANSI EIA 748-C guidelines is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Controls professionals will provide a framework which identifies the
requirements for all activities within:
• Schedule Control
• Cost / Change Control
• Progress Measurement
• Progress Reporting
a) Schedule Control
• To establish a consistent, uniform approach to planning and scheduling
• Monitor and analyze variance
• Inform management of changes to critical path or risk of milestone slippage
b) Cost Control/Change Control
• Minimize project costs by ensuring final costs are within approved budget (or lower)
• Prepare consistent, accurate and reliable forecasts
• Timely identification of trends and changes
• Inform management of budget, cost and performance
• Create a cost awareness atmosphere c) Progress Measurement
• Establish a baseline budget and schedule against which performance can be measured, evaluated and reported
d) Progress Reporting
• Status Reports
• Progress/Schedule Report
• Trends/Change Management
• Monthly Report
Other duties as assigned
• written and verbal management reporting and attendance at customer interface meetings as required
• mentoring of junior Project Controls staff
• travel to CNL sites and other locations as needed
Experience & Skills Required:
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering or related discipline combined with 12+ years of related experience
• Experience with engineering and construction based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
• Ability to understand terminology and processes in project controls and extract relevant information
• Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
• Knowledge of engineering design and construction processes
• Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
• Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures.
• Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
• Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.