If you are an experienced professional wanting the flexibility to leverage your skills and knowledge into a diverse and rewarding assignment or someone who is not sure what industry or specialty you want to focus your career in, check out our contract assignments. We know contracting and can assist with setting yourself up as an independent contractor as well as provide insight into compliance and opportunity generation. If you want the control and advantage of self-directing your career then give contract work a try!
Deciding what you want to do for the next 3 to 5 years is an important decision. Add to that deciding who you want to work for without a real understanding of the culture and make-up of a new company can be daunting. At CTSNA we are interested in you. Not just how you will fit into a particular job, but what skills you want to leverage, or what you want to learn, do and become. By all means check out our permanent employment opportunities, but don’t be surprised if we ask about you before we tell you about the culture and expectations of the companies we represent.
Location: Tiverton, ON
Job: Simulator Systems Software Contractors-Technical Officers
Contract Length: ASAP-December 31st 2019
Must be Bruce Power Secured Already.
Bruce Power requires the services of an Augmented Staff person to perform the role of a
SIMULATOR SYSTEMS SOFTWARE CONTRACTORS -TECHNICAL OFFICERS*
Bruce Power currently has opportunity for Contractors in our Simulator Support Section of the
Training Division at our Tiverton location. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic team which is responsible for supporting the hardware and software for high fidelity full scope training simulators. Your
specific accountabilities will be in the area of Simulator Systems and Interface Software maintenance and upgrades. You will be required to provide innovative solutions to detailed technical problems related to the maintenance, upgrade and update of real time simulation software, computer software or simulator hardware for full scope and desktop training
Your responsibilities in the areas of Simulator Systems and Interface Software will be:
• Provide technical, maintenance and operational support to Bruce A, Bruce B, and Fuel
Handling nuclear plant real time simulators and associated systems. This may include
support for a variety of computer software, hardware and peripherals; custom
interfaces; data networks; electronics and electrical equipment and custom software
• Contribute to high Simulator reliability
• Design, modify or upgrade simulator interface software and custom simulator
applications using best practice software engineering techniques.
• Produce installation and removal work packages for a variety of Simulator
• Consistently improve simulator processes and practices to improve quality and
• Manage larger simulator modification projects involving multiple simulator disciplines*
to improve simulator performance and capability. The successful candidate will have a strong
safety focus. The successful candidate will also have the following skills and knowledge:
• Experience interfacing computer systems of various types (PC, UNIX, Embedded) with
intelligent devices using a variety of protocols and interfaces (TCP/IP, RS-2321422, VME, PLC/DCS systems).
• Computer skills including an expert ability to write software using the following
C, C++ and C#. Substantial experience performing Windows System Administration tasks is
required. Proven ability to work on projects and debug software in Microsoft Visual Studio.
Experience with assembly language programming is an asset.
• Experience using version control software in both small and large software projects is
considered an asset.
• Well-developed understanding of real time software techniques
• Strong ability to troubleshoot complex problems resulting from combinations of
software and hardware faults.
• A history of demonstrating strong analytical, problem solving and decision making
• Strong project management skills
• Experience providing work direction to technicians.
• Requires a proficiency in verbal and written communications to prepare reports,
proposals, recommendations, and presentations.
• Proven ability to write technical documentation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work with minimal
guidance in a team environment.*
Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science with a strong background in
software development. A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered
necessary to gain the experience required for this role. The successful applicant will also have
substantial experience developing software applications in a team environment. Engineering or design experience with real-time simulation systems would be an asset. P.Eng certification or eligibility is also an asset.*