18-180 - Technical Officer/Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP 2/3/4
Duration: 12 months
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering, Ontario
1. Develop the NDT specialist competencies in Advanced NDT methods (Phased Array UT, Concrete NDT, Eddy Current Array, etc.)
2. Develop, deploy and execute inspection activities focused on advanced NDT methods
3. Develop learning autonomy
4. Prepare Technical Work Instructions and develop procedures and techniques.
5. Perform laboratory and field investigations; provide support in lab or field environments by conducting tests or troubleshooting equipment
6. Assist in the design, assembly, deployment and maintenance of tooling equipment, processes, systems and development of NDT methods.
7. Work with newly acquired technology intended to enhance performance of the NDT Team. This includes, but is not limited to: Augmented Reality technology, Virtual Reality technology and other similar technologies. The required work includes, but is not limited to: research, analysis and utilization of the aforementioned technologies, Machine Learning, Data Management, and Applications Development.
8. Collaborate with team to lead development of new technology applications
9. Prepare technical documentation such as technical specifications, field implementation procedures, inspection and test plans, operating manuals, etc.
10. As a technical specialist perform investigations and technical studies for customers.
11. Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and help resolve customer raised issues/problems.
12. Ensure customer satisfaction by following good quality and safety practices in all aspects of work performed. Maintain quality records.
13. Perform other duties as required.
14. Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
15. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
16. Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing an innovation process, strategy and/ or department
17. Knowledge of innovation tools including experience using innovation development frameworks and models that will interface with the marketplace
18. Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and experience in executing on the details of an innovation strategy including innovation processes and systems
19. Proven experience with innovation strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
20. Strong business acumen, marketing and analytical skills
21. Outstanding qualitative research, and presentation skills
22. Ability to synthesize interview data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
23. Strong organizational and communications skills
24. Comfort working in a virtual environment
25. Conducted market and business analysis/research
26. Experience with development of Innovation process is an asset
27. High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction
28. Outstanding attention to detail
29. Ability to be self-directed and contribute to engagements
30. Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment
31. Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
32. Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence senior leaders
33. Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success