Quality Inspector - Mechanical
Duration: 6 months
• Analyzes data to identify and solve problems
• Develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and data
• Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming/receiving, in process, and final approval material and product inspections
• Conducts audits and/or surveys to determine acceptability of quality controls
• Monitors performance of work to ensure compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements through performance of inspection and/or surveillance functions
• Administers aspects of the quality assurance program to ensure products and services are in compliance with the appropriate regulations, standards and codes and customer requirements
• Verifies and records calibration status of measurement and test equipment used during inspection and performs measurements using measurement equipment
• Ensures material markings and equipment / components / against Field Work Package documentation, purchasing documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Authenticates supplier documentation against purchasing documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Verifies proper installation of electrical and mechanical items, components and equipment in nuclear power plants against Field Work Package documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Verifies suppliers’ installation records against the Field Work Package documentation and applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Coordinates and performs surveillance of required tests
• Records inspection results in Inspection and Test Plans and various Inspection and Test Reports; may write ITPs
• Mechanical engineering experience is an asset.
• Understanding of CSA N286-05, ISO 9001, Z299.1, N285, B51, Ontario Electric Code.
• 3 years’ experience in coordinating and performing receiving, in process and final inspections / surveillances in the nuclear and electrical sectors.
• Experience interpreting complex electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics; writing ITPs; working onsite at Bruce Power, and familiarity with site procedures, Passport, and processes.
• Comprehension of nuclear power plant systems, components and interrelated activities
• Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
• Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; including document preparation
• Adequate skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Auditing experience is an asset