Under general supervision, performs broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods. Provides advanced technical support related to planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components. Provides engineering advice as needed and displays technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs non-routine and varied engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
2. Receives minimal assistance and instruction on most assignments and solutions.
3. Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
4. Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
5. Continues to develop knowledge of organization processes and customers.
6. Works on special projects, as directed.
7. Performs other related duties and tasks, as required
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
1. Advanced knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
2. Good communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
3. Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
4. Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
5. Engineering organizations may have additional qualification requirements with established criterion to demonstrate success including such items as training courses and/or qualification cards
Builds constructive relationships, Communicates, Learns constantly, Shows creativity, Knows the professional environment, Is results oriented, Is quality oriented, Is customer oriented
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BS in Civil Eng'g/Eng'g Tech. plus 3-5 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.).
In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 yr. engineering degree.