19-012 - Contract Technical Staff
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Location: Pickering NGS
1. Provide technical advice and guidance on a variety of technical matters within designated area of responsibility for Pickering Nuclear Generating Station (PNGS) re-licensing and life extension to the end of 2024.
2. Plan, organize, and provide support for Condition Assessment, Scoping and Screening, Equipment Reliability, Periodic Safety Review, Integrated Implementation Plan, and Feasibility Study.
3. Assist Supervisor in the administration of work projects, and coach junior staff on processes. Support project management activities and prepare investments justification.
4. Requirements include a knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, metallurgy, thermodynamics, strength of material, electricity, engineering, and nuclear. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in an appropriate field of engineering or by having the equivalent level of education.
5. Experience in Pickering Nuclear Generating Station (PNGS) re-licensing and life extension project, and Periodic Safety Review (PSR) in support of license renewal and continued commercial operations of PNGS is required.
6. Familiarity with the departmental/Station procedures, policies, contracts involved, interrelationships between organizations and various administrative aspects of the position to facilitate the work function is strongly preferred.
7. Experience in Station Engineering and Work Management at Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, Aging Management (AM) Process in accordance with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) Regulations, and Project Management is preferred.
8. A knowledge of the internal and external contacts associated with departmental work activities, and with established documentation/presentation requirements is strongly preferred.
9. A desire to become qualified and recognized as a technical expert in a specific segment of the discipline and as a generalist in other segments to skillfully provide technical advice, guidance, consultation and services to clients in nuclear generating facilities and related support functions