Human Factors Consultant
Duration: 6-12 Months
Start Date: May 2019
• Background data gathering.
• Creation of a Human Factors Engineering Program Plan (HFEPP) as per the Bruce Power HF process which shares many elements with NUREG-0700.
• Execution of the activities as required by the HFEPP.
• Attendance at an HF kick-off meeting (in person or via teleconference)
• Plan and attend update meetings with the Bruce Power engineer leading the project and the Bruce Power HF analyst providing oversight of the HF work.
• Submit recommendations to the lead engineer as soon as it becomes apparent the recommendation is needed.
• Maintain as electronic list of recommendations made to the project, their dispositions as understood at the time and if the disposition is acceptable from an HF perspective. It should be understood this list must be maintained current and could be requested at any point in the project.
• Provide input as required to design requirements or design plans.
• Go on walkdowns as required.
• If necessary, attend up to two (in person or via teleconference) Constructability, Operability, Maintainability and Safety (COMS) meetings, providing input from an HF perspective.
• If necessary, create a Human Factors Verification and Validation plane (HFVVP).
• If necessary, execute the activities as plan in the HFVVP.
• If necessary, create a Human Factors verification and validation report (HFVVR)
• Complete Available For Service (AFS) activities as planned in the HFEPP. This could include creating HF AFS lists for other staff to verify, by reviewing AFS materials provided by other staff or by going on the AFS walkdown in person.
• Create a Human Factors Engineering Summary Report (HFESR), summarizing the HF work completed on the project.
• Provide all background materials created during the execution of the HF activities that support the documented HFESR.
• Attend a vendor close-out meeting in person or via teleconference.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Engineering, Engineering Psychology, or related science
• CCPE Certification or Certification by a recognized Human Factors organization such as BCPE as a CPE, CHFP.