Senior Structural Engineer - Hydropower
Location: Amherst, NY, United States
Duration: Full-time, Permanent
You will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and documentation of project requirements for hydropower facilities, dam safety and other concrete structures within the private and public sectors. This position provides the opportunity to be involved in various projects in North America and abroad, provide client liaison, and contribute to regional marketing efforts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural engineering from an accredited University. Graduate degree would be advantageous.
• P.E. license is required, S.E. would be advantageous.
• 10 – 15+ years of experience in Structural Engineering. Candidates with a solid background in hydropower dams and water resources preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in structural design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
• Working knowledge of US and Canadian codes and standards. Familiarity with FERC standards and FERC Part 12D dam safety requirements would be a plus
• Field experience related to hydraulic structure construction, inspection, or related instrumentation.
• Use of commercially available programs for structural and finite element analysis. Specifically, proficiency in ANSYS and/or similar programs that can be used for advanced analysis such as dynamic response spectrum or seismic time history analysis, is a plus.
• Design/analysis of concrete dams and other hydraulic structures including detailed assessment of seismic and flood loading.
• Conduct dam safety reviews and assessment of compliance with typical practice and regulatory requirements.
• Coaching other engineering and support staff, including mentoring of junior engineers, and provision of quality assurance review or input where required.
• Demonstrates firm's capabilities, determines and meets client's needs, and assists with proposal preparation based on estimated work-hours and firm's schedule of fees;
• Assigns personnel to various projects and monitors their progress;
• Co-ordinate with other discipline engineers and ensures project deliverables meet schedule, time, budget and quality standards.
Why join apply?
• Capability – excellence in all Water Power applications and specialties
Capacity – over 300 dedicated Water Power specialists and professionals
• Client focused – we support projects wherever we’re needed.