19-020 - Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year, proposed start date April 30, 2019
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Title: Storing Cooling Water System Modifications
The scope of work entails providing project management support to assigned projects. This includes (but not limited to):
1. Manage EPC projects from inception through closeout
2. Manage cost and schedule
3. Manage/administer EPC contracts
4. Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget
5. Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality
6. Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders
7. Manage risks and mitigation plans, maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
8. Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects
9. Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle
10. Fulfill Field team Lead and Mod Team Lead role in support of execution.
11. Interface with the station.
12. Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
13. Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
14. Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
15. Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
16. The candidate should have experience in project management of station modifications in Nuclear Facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management
17. Four-year university education in Mechanical Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience, or demonstrated experience in writing installation and commissioning workplans.
18. Experience in Pickering site is an asset.
19. Minimum 1 year of relevant Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to provide project oversight.
20. Experience with Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant (OPG experience is an asset).
21. Experience in project engineering, MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
22. Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
23. Demonstrated Knowledge of ECC process (change control process not necessarily OPG's processes).
24. A combination of Work planning, MTL/FTL experience, Project Management, Risk management skills.