Position: Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible to plan, organize, direct, control construction from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget; for all aspects of work and will be regarded as a leader and be expected to provide strong mentorship to the project site team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide guidance to project staff and be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations, developing and implementing agreed upon construction project plans, schedules and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage all aspects of pre-phase construction including but not limited to preparing tenders, writing scopes specific to plans and specs, preparing analyzing bids and preparing bid recaps. Participate in awarding of contracts.
- Developing construction management plans, organizing utility disconnects and securing a site office.
- Manage architects and consultants to ensure completeness of design documents construction schedules and plans;
- Prepares monthly progress/status reports consisting updated budget with accurate cost to complete, updated schedules compared to baseline, forecast for all Div. 1 and concrete and rebar supply. Document any material issues.
- Reviews and co-approve progress payments and general invoices.
- Thoroughly investigates and analyzes all credits and extra to contract. Updates and report extra/credit log and prepare Change Order for execution.
- Develop detailed project schedules with milestones. Continuously monitors trade progress and updates project schedule and compare to baseline.
- Ensure Supers are maintaining, quality of workmanship that meet or exceed identified standards. You will also be responsible for ensuring project schedules are accurate and submitted on time.
- Acts as a liaison between construction sites and various staff at CentreCourt office (VP, Development, Customer care, Accounting) and ensures all activities meet scheduled deadlines;
- Manages the condo common element process and Performance Audit to ensure deficiencies are corrected within schedule.
- Assist Site Super in implementing, managing and enforcing health and safety. Ensure that all Safety violation are corrected within 24hrs.
- Conducts periodic on-site inspections to ensure construction activities are meeting standards and schedule and provides recommendations for improvements when required.
- Ensures all activities are completed on schedule including obtaining lFC plans, services are supplied well in advance (hydro, gas, water, phone), purchaser palette selections are provided to site, major equipment (long lead time items) and building permits obtained.
- Ensures suite construction inspection and deficiency rectification program is implemented and completed prior to PDI
- Manage all City and Tarion Occupancy dates
Education: A University or College degree in a related field: engineering, architecture, construction management etc., Experience: 8-12 years (+/-)
Completed 2-3 high-rise residential projects condominium projects in downtown Toronto.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities A high level of skill working within Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and an extensive Excel modeling experience.
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude analyzing site, building, and suite plans as well as other technical drawings
- Builds, manages, and maintains a high-performance team through effective coaching, and development.
- Work well under stress
- Initiative and creativity
- Proven analytical and skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Well-developed communication skills: listening, verbal, written, and graphic
- Clear, concise, and cogent are particularly valued
- Team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail, while also possessing a high-level strategic perspective
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines