Location: Tiverton/Bruce Power
Position: Project Coordinator, Balance of Plant (Electrical I&C)
Duration: 12 Months with possible extensions
Pay Rate: $55.00 - $60.00/HR Inc
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project team by coordinating and organizing Assigned Project activities, resources and
- Provide project management support by developing detailed plans for Assigned Project execution for each phase of the Assigned Project, including total completion of the Assigned Project.
- Work closely with all project team members to ensure adequate project alignment and coordination is occurring at all levels.
- Provide input for updating the Assigned Project work schedule(s), based on progress while working within an integrated team
- Monitor and deliver reporting on performance, track completion of work as scheduled, track status of actions for the project team, liaise between different areas of the Assigned Project, including internal and external stakeholders, and providing recommendations on recovery of the performance of the Assigned Project.
- Identify when actual performance does not meet planned performance in accordance with the Assigned Project work schedule and provide recommendations for corrective actions to the project team to improve
- Support the Project Manager in scoping, planning and implementing Assigned Projects within the work
- Support the Project Manager in the development of detailed execution plans while maintaining the element of safety within a nuclear facility.
- Prepare other reports to provide information and data to internal and external stakeholders as required, with input from Project Controls.
- Support the Project Manager as required.
- Review Assigned Projects P6 (read access) work schedules to interface with the Project Controls Scheduler.
- Delivering assigned projects to meet project delivery goals including safety, scope, quality (how well the characteristics of the project comply with its defined set of requirements), cost and schedule within project controls limits (identified in the investment proposal for each assigned project);
- Negotiating with and integrating all functions that are required to deliver a Capital Project, including but not limited to, preparation of an investment plan, planning, on-line and outage planning and execution, design, engineering, construction, contracting, procurement, environment, safety and health management and logistics management
- Manage the subject Assigned Project scope,
- manage cradle-to-grave (initiation to close-out) responsibilities for projects assigned (Program Management);
- Manage, track and report on the status of all milestones across the cradle-to-grave process;
- Manage project schedule adherence, prepare and deliver all project reporting (issued by Project Controls) in accordance with the reporting requirements set out in the subject Contract, and manage project costs
- Identify and implement remedial actions in correcting cost and schedule project deficiencies manage project risk,
- manage project changes,
- manage project documentation
- manage project quality, including interfacing with field quality and technical services and constructability reviews as required, manage engineering design services,
- manage resource needs for project execution and field execution;
- manage the Assigned Project?s contract on an as-needed basis;
- in respect of field execution, ensure the subject Assigned Project is executed in the field in accordance with applicable procedures for reactor, industrial, radiological and environmental safety and ensure compliance with Bruce Power policies and procedures;
- manage project closeout
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years+ of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery complex projects.
- Proficient in Primavera P6 and MS Office (excel, word, etc).
- Strong experience in and knowledge of the heavy industrial and construction projects
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and practices, organization and quality processes.
- Good understanding of compliance program requirements.
- Knowledge of project management principles (scope, schedule, time, quality, risk)
- Ability to work effectively with personnel of varying disciplines.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Work experience in nuclear is an asset.